Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Weekend of Laughs, Booze, and Vomit


I took a trip to Madison this past weekend for a couple of reasons. To see Neil Hamburger, and to celebrate my friend, Nathaniel's, 21st birthday. Thursday night we went to see comedian Neil Hamburger. He is known as "America's Funny Man." He likes to make jokes about celebrities and musicians. Some of his favorites are Michael Jackson, Madonna, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. A lot of his punch lines are not really funny. There more like statements that make you say, "I can't believe he just said that." The best part about Neil Hamburger is his delivery of the jokes. He likes to clear his throat, and will yell, "WHY!," (clears throat), "What did..." And he always has three drinks with him. One in his hand and the others tucked between his arm and chest. If you're a person who can forget about your morals for a couple of hours, I would definitely recommend seeing Neil Hamburger.

Friday was Nathaniel's birthday. We spent the day on state street, grabbing a bite to eat, smoking cigars and bought some records. I only got the new Fiery Furnaces album, I'm Going Away, while Nathaniel got Burial, two Aphex Twin records, the sounds of Africa, Whale Sounds, and Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA. The custom in Madison for your 21st birthday is to go to the Nitty Gritty Restaurant, where the birthday boy/girl gets free drinks. We stayed there for a while eating, drinking, and having a good time. We stayed til the end of the power hour. We then head to another traditional bar, Brats where you get these big fish bowls filled with booze and bright colors. After that our trip took the group to Wondos (sp?). I was excited because I found out that they had Point Nude Beach on tap. So after countless drinks we had to go home, and not because we were tired or bar close. Apparently just Nathniel and I were not oklay (Yes I purposely typed oklay, inside joke).

This is what I was told what happened, because I had no recollection by this point. Nathaniel got kicked out of the bar, because he was falling asleep on the bar. While Nathaniel was outside, he almost got picked up by a cop, but thankfully a couple of my friends got him and took a cab home. While that happened the rest of us were in Wondo's and decided we had to go home, because I wasn't looking so good. We started walking home on State Street, and I decided to vomit on some plants, right when cops were strolling the streets. We finally got home and I quickly went to visit my good friend John (the toilet). I spent good time there showing my friend John what I ate and drank during the day. I passed out on John too, for a little bit, and then show John some more food that I had. Then it was bed time.

After a fun night, the following day was just as fun minus 1,000,000. I was feeling so bad, and I just laid around on a couch for most of the day. Periodically I made more visits to my friend John. Lesson learned, don't date seventeen year old girls. Anyways, I had a great weekend and I always love coming home to visit and hang out with some of the best friends that I have. It was a good way to start the weekend before school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment